- No More Red Snapper?
- It’s getting worse, not better . . .
- Cholesterol Levels Running High?
- Beware of Flavors
- Shrimp – the good and the bad
- Choosing The Right Olive Oil
- Villains among EWG’s BPA-free “Best Players”
- PCC labels any high oleic oils in use
- Is It Really About the Wheat or the Gluten?
- Available at your local Co-op: Organic, non-GMO verified Gene-Silenced Food!
- Snopes on Wheat & Glyphosate Toxicity
- Sugar is as toxic as wheat — it is not about the gluten
- The Benefits of Bitters
- Intermittent Fasting in a Healthy Way
- Go ahead, cook with your good olive oil!
- Extra Virgin Olive or High Oleic Oil?
- Sometimes More Is Better
- Is Almond Flour Trouble?
- Don’t Let Familiarity Build Contempt
- Plasticizers are in our medicines and our supplements
- Reasons to Give Up Stevia
- Building Strong Bones
- Don’t Eat That!!!!
- Why I Avoid Canola and Think You Should As Well.
- Speaking Out Against High Oleic OIls
- Getting vitamin B without eating grains
- There is fat and there is fat. . .
- Is Soy Really A Ploy?
- Feel Free to Enjoy Your Cup of Coffee.
- Are We Becoming Fire Resistant?
- Nuts Are Good
- Forget Fasts and Detoxes
- Fish, measuring the good and the bad
- Fish trumps fish oil, fins down
- Choosing a Cooking Oil
- Another Reason to Avoid Juices
- Soy, friend or foe in breast cancer?
- Strong Bones Without Dairy??
- Whole Foods vs. Supplements
- Potential Soy Toxins Continued…
- Soy and mineral absorption (1)
- Soy and the Thyroid
- What is BPA-free exactly?
- Building Bones Without Dairy
- Turkey Tails Mushroom in Prostate Cancer
- Another study a bit off the mark
- Yikes – Hold the Cilantro
- Calcium confusion
- MSG can make you fat
- Meat Glue
Author Archives: kathyabascal
Fish can be one of the healthiest foods in our diet providing long-chained essential fatty acids (e.g. DHA, EPA), vitamin D, iodine, important minerals, and more. Unfortunately, seafood is also a source of persistent toxins so we must choose our … Continue reading
I am not a fan of gene tampering and, to the greatest extent possible, avoid GM foods. At the end of my TQIDiet class this past spring, it seemed that this would soon be easier to do. Vermont had passed … Continue reading
Some people are reluctant to take statins even though their cholesterol is running high. This article discusses ways to reduce the risk of high cholesterol but is not a comment on the wisdom of taking or not taking statins. Cholesterol … Continue reading
Our current food culture takes natural and artificial flavors very casually. Both “natural flavors” and “artificial flavors” are chemicals. The difference between them lies strictly in how they are manufactured, not in their ultimate effect on us, and I refer … Continue reading
On the TQI Diet, extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) is the dominant oil, the one we use most frequently and in the greatest amount. Some students beginning to use EVOO have a bit of trouble finding one they like. Many are … Continue reading