- What if?
- STAY AT HOME AND EAT WELL!
- Whales and Birds Need Fish and Krill, You Do Not!
- Eating Fish Food Is Optional
- We Are Being Manipulated
- Quit Taking Fish Oil
- Do Not Microwave Cholesterol
- No More Red Snapper?
- It’s getting worse, not better . . .
- Cholesterol Levels Running High?
- Beware of Flavors
- Shrimp – the good and the bad
- Choosing The Right Olive Oil
- Villains among EWG’s BPA-free “Best Players”
- PCC labels any high oleic oils in use
- Is It Really About the Wheat or the Gluten?
- Available at your local Co-op: Organic, non-GMO verified Gene-Silenced Food!
- Snopes on Wheat & Glyphosate Toxicity
- Sugar is as toxic as wheat — it is not about the gluten
- The Benefits of Bitters
- Intermittent Fasting in a Healthy Way
- Go ahead, cook with your good olive oil!
- Extra Virgin Olive or High Oleic Oil?
- Sometimes More Is Better
- Is Almond Flour Trouble?
- Don’t Let Familiarity Build Contempt
- Plasticizers are in our medicines and our supplements
- Reasons to Give Up Stevia
- Building Strong Bones
- Don’t Eat That!!!!
- Why I Avoid Canola and Think You Should As Well.
- Speaking Out Against High Oleic OIls
- Getting vitamin B without eating grains
- There is fat and there is fat. . .
- Is Soy Really A Ploy?
- Feel Free to Enjoy Your Cup of Coffee.
- Are We Becoming Fire Resistant?
- Nuts Are Good
- Forget Fasts and Detoxes
- Fish, measuring the good and the bad
- Fish trumps fish oil, fins down
- Choosing a Cooking Oil
- Another Reason to Avoid Juices
- Soy, friend or foe in breast cancer?
- Strong Bones Without Dairy??
- Whole Foods vs. Supplements
- Potential Soy Toxins Continued…
- Soy and mineral absorption (1)
- Soy and the Thyroid
- What is BPA-free exactly?
Category Archives: chemicals
Global warming is expected to have an enormous impact on the environmental production of especially the long-chain fatty acid, DHA. A recent study quantified the effect we can anticipate and that effect is very concerning. However, the study mistakenly approaches … Continue reading
All living things (insects, plants, mammals including humans, fish, fowl, plants) need omega 3 fats. Only plants make the basic omega 3 fat ALA which they primarily use in their chloroplasts. ALAs are highly reactive and allow photosynthesis to continue … Continue reading
Fish oil is a concentrated source of DHA, a very special type of omega-3 fat that we use in our neurons, in our eye and heart tissue, and in sperm. In fact, some 30 million Americans take fish oil supplements … Continue reading
Fish can be one of the healthiest foods in our diet providing long-chained essential fatty acids (e.g. DHA, EPA), vitamin D, iodine, important minerals, and more. Unfortunately, seafood is also a source of persistent toxins so we must choose our … Continue reading
I am not a fan of gene tampering and, to the greatest extent possible, avoid GM foods. At the end of my TQIDiet class this past spring, it seemed that this would soon be easier to do. Vermont had passed … Continue reading
Our current food culture takes natural and artificial flavors very casually. Both “natural flavors” and “artificial flavors” are chemicals. The difference between them lies strictly in how they are manufactured, not in their ultimate effect on us, and I refer … Continue reading
On the TQI Diet, extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) is the dominant oil, the one we use most frequently and in the greatest amount. Some students beginning to use EVOO have a bit of trouble finding one they like. Many are … Continue reading
EWG.org just released a list of manufacturers who continue to use BPA (bisphenol A) in their products along with a list of the “Best Players” who no longer do. However, there is a big problem lurking with those on their … Continue reading
There is a great buzz about wheat, gluten, and glyphosate (the active ingredient in the herbicide RoundUp) right now. And this buzz is creating lots of confusion and misconceptions. A study concluded that exposure to glyphosate is causing a wide … Continue reading