- What if?
- STAY AT HOME AND EAT WELL!
- Whales and Birds Need Fish and Krill, You Do Not!
- Eating Fish Food Is Optional
- We Are Being Manipulated
- Quit Taking Fish Oil
- Do Not Microwave Cholesterol
- No More Red Snapper?
- It’s getting worse, not better . . .
- Cholesterol Levels Running High?
- Beware of Flavors
- Shrimp – the good and the bad
- Choosing The Right Olive Oil
- Villains among EWG’s BPA-free “Best Players”
- PCC labels any high oleic oils in use
- Is It Really About the Wheat or the Gluten?
- Available at your local Co-op: Organic, non-GMO verified Gene-Silenced Food!
- Snopes on Wheat & Glyphosate Toxicity
- Sugar is as toxic as wheat — it is not about the gluten
- The Benefits of Bitters
- Intermittent Fasting in a Healthy Way
- Go ahead, cook with your good olive oil!
- Extra Virgin Olive or High Oleic Oil?
- Sometimes More Is Better
- Is Almond Flour Trouble?
- Don’t Let Familiarity Build Contempt
- Plasticizers are in our medicines and our supplements
- Reasons to Give Up Stevia
- Building Strong Bones
- Don’t Eat That!!!!
- Why I Avoid Canola and Think You Should As Well.
- Speaking Out Against High Oleic OIls
- Getting vitamin B without eating grains
- There is fat and there is fat. . .
- Is Soy Really A Ploy?
- Feel Free to Enjoy Your Cup of Coffee.
- Are We Becoming Fire Resistant?
- Nuts Are Good
- Forget Fasts and Detoxes
- Fish, measuring the good and the bad
- Fish trumps fish oil, fins down
- Choosing a Cooking Oil
- Another Reason to Avoid Juices
- Soy, friend or foe in breast cancer?
- Strong Bones Without Dairy??
- Whole Foods vs. Supplements
- Potential Soy Toxins Continued…
- Soy and mineral absorption (1)
- Soy and the Thyroid
- What is BPA-free exactly?
Join 886 other subscribers
Category Archives: supplements
Whales and Birds Need Fish and Krill, You Do Not!
Global warming is expected to have an enormous impact on the environmental production of especially the long-chain fatty acid, DHA. A recent study quantified the effect we can anticipate and that effect is very concerning. However, the study mistakenly approaches … Continue reading
Posted in chemicals, Food, supplements, Yikes Leave a comment
Eating Fish Food Is Optional
All living things (insects, plants, mammals including humans, fish, fowl, plants) need omega 3 fats. Only plants make the basic omega 3 fat ALA which they primarily use in their chloroplasts. ALAs are highly reactive and allow photosynthesis to continue … Continue reading
Posted in chemicals, Food, supplements, Yikes Tagged DHA, fish oil, global warming, king salmon, krill, migratory birds, omega 3 fats, orcas, supplements, sustainability, toxins, whales 2 Comments
Quit Taking Fish Oil
Fish oil is a concentrated source of DHA, a very special type of omega-3 fat that we use in our neurons, in our eye and heart tissue, and in sperm. In fact, some 30 million Americans take fish oil supplements … Continue reading
Posted in chemicals, Food, supplements Tagged anisidine, deodorized oils, DHA, fish oil, oxidized fatty acids, peroxide values, rancidity, supplements 17 Comments
Do Not Microwave Cholesterol
Cholesterol is an important part of healthy cell membranes. It also provides a scaffolding the body needs to make compounds such as vitamin D, other hormones, bile, and more. All of our cells make cholesterol but most is produced in … Continue reading
Posted in antioxidants, Food Tagged AMD, animal products, cholesterol, cooking, heart health, IBS, microwave, neurodegenerative disease, oxysterols, TQI Diet 7 Comments
Beware of Flavors
Our current food culture takes natural and artificial flavors very casually. Both “natural flavors” and “artificial flavors” are chemicals. The difference between them lies strictly in how they are manufactured, not in their ultimate effect on us, and I refer … Continue reading
Posted in chemicals, Food, supplements Tagged artificial flavor, dorito effect, farm to fork, natural flavor, nutritional wisdom, obesity, overeating, palatant, sucram, tasty food 9 Comments
The Benefits of Bitters
Bitters are some of the simplest, oldest, and most effective of herbal remedies. Bitters are simply herbs with a strongly bitter taste. Once upon a time, much of our food was on the bitter side. Wild greens, wild berries, wild … Continue reading
Posted in Food, herbs, supplements Tagged Angelica archangelica, bitters, digestion, flavor, gentian, ginger, Iberis amara, IBS, stomach acid, sugar, zingiber 4 Comments
Extra Virgin Olive or High Oleic Oil?
Extra virgin olive oil is to be the dominant fat on the TQI Diet. Some people hesitate to follow this fully, having been told that EVOO is too fragile to cook with and is no healthier than various high oleic … Continue reading
Posted in antioxidants, Food Tagged antioxidant status, antioxidants, cancer, DNA damage, evoo, extra virgin olive oil, food, high oleic oils, oleic acid, polyphenols, refined oils 5 Comments
Sometimes More Is Better
A new study of over 7000 older Italians at high risk for heart disease compared a low fat diet with a Mediterranean diet containing varying amounts of virgin and extra virgin olive oil. They followed the participants for nearly five years … Continue reading
Posted in antioxidants, Food Tagged all cause mortality, breast cancer, cancer deaths, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, extra virgin olive oil, heart attacks, heart disease, heart health, hypertension, leafy greens, low fat diet, nitro fatty acids, olives, respiratory tract cancer, stroke, Virgin olive oil Leave a comment