- No More Red Snapper?
- It’s getting worse, not better . . .
- Cholesterol Levels Running High?
- Beware of Flavors
- Shrimp – the good and the bad
- Choosing The Right Olive Oil
- Villains among EWG’s BPA-free “Best Players”
- PCC labels any high oleic oils in use
- Is It Really About the Wheat or the Gluten?
- Available at your local Co-op: Organic, non-GMO verified Gene-Silenced Food!
- Snopes on Wheat & Glyphosate Toxicity
- Sugar is as toxic as wheat — it is not about the gluten
- The Benefits of Bitters
- Intermittent Fasting in a Healthy Way
- Go ahead, cook with your good olive oil!
- Extra Virgin Olive or High Oleic Oil?
- Sometimes More Is Better
- Is Almond Flour Trouble?
- Don’t Let Familiarity Build Contempt
- Plasticizers are in our medicines and our supplements
- Reasons to Give Up Stevia
- Building Strong Bones
- Don’t Eat That!!!!
- Why I Avoid Canola and Think You Should As Well.
- Speaking Out Against High Oleic OIls
- Getting vitamin B without eating grains
- There is fat and there is fat. . .
- Is Soy Really A Ploy?
- Feel Free to Enjoy Your Cup of Coffee.
- Are We Becoming Fire Resistant?
- Nuts Are Good
- Forget Fasts and Detoxes
- Fish, measuring the good and the bad
- Fish trumps fish oil, fins down
- Choosing a Cooking Oil
- Another Reason to Avoid Juices
- Soy, friend or foe in breast cancer?
- Strong Bones Without Dairy??
- Whole Foods vs. Supplements
- Potential Soy Toxins Continued…
- Soy and mineral absorption (1)
- Soy and the Thyroid
- What is BPA-free exactly?
- Building Bones Without Dairy
- Turkey Tails Mushroom in Prostate Cancer
- Another study a bit off the mark
- Yikes – Hold the Cilantro
- Calcium confusion
- MSG can make you fat
- Meat Glue
Category Archives: supplements
Our current food culture takes natural and artificial flavors very casually. Both “natural flavors” and “artificial flavors” are chemicals. The difference between them lies strictly in how they are manufactured, not in their ultimate effect on us, and I refer … Continue reading
Bitters are some of the simplest, oldest, and most effective of herbal remedies. Bitters are simply herbs with a strongly bitter taste. Once upon a time, much of our food was on the bitter side. Wild greens, wild berries, wild … Continue reading
Extra virgin olive oil is to be the dominant fat on the TQI Diet. Some people hesitate to follow this fully, having been told that EVOO is too fragile to cook with and is no healthier than various high oleic … Continue reading
A new study of over 7000 older Italians at high risk for heart disease compared a low fat diet with a Mediterranean diet containing varying amounts of virgin and extra virgin olive oil. They followed the participants for nearly five years … Continue reading
Phthalates are a group of chemicals used both to soften plastics and to hold scents and solvents in a variety of products. Many have been shown to disrupt our hormones. They alter testosterone production in men, cause early onset menopause … Continue reading