- No More Red Snapper?
- It’s getting worse, not better . . .
- Cholesterol Levels Running High?
- Beware of Flavors
- Shrimp – the good and the bad
- Choosing The Right Olive Oil
- Villains among EWG’s BPA-free “Best Players”
- PCC labels any high oleic oils in use
- Is It Really About the Wheat or the Gluten?
- Available at your local Co-op: Organic, non-GMO verified Gene-Silenced Food!
- Snopes on Wheat & Glyphosate Toxicity
- Sugar is as toxic as wheat — it is not about the gluten
- The Benefits of Bitters
- Intermittent Fasting in a Healthy Way
- Go ahead, cook with your good olive oil!
- Extra Virgin Olive or High Oleic Oil?
- Sometimes More Is Better
- Is Almond Flour Trouble?
- Don’t Let Familiarity Build Contempt
- Plasticizers are in our medicines and our supplements
- Reasons to Give Up Stevia
- Building Strong Bones
- Don’t Eat That!!!!
- Why I Avoid Canola and Think You Should As Well.
- Speaking Out Against High Oleic OIls
- Getting vitamin B without eating grains
- There is fat and there is fat. . .
- Is Soy Really A Ploy?
- Feel Free to Enjoy Your Cup of Coffee.
- Are We Becoming Fire Resistant?
- Nuts Are Good
- Forget Fasts and Detoxes
- Fish, measuring the good and the bad
- Fish trumps fish oil, fins down
- Choosing a Cooking Oil
- Another Reason to Avoid Juices
- Soy, friend or foe in breast cancer?
- Strong Bones Without Dairy??
- Whole Foods vs. Supplements
- Potential Soy Toxins Continued…
- Soy and mineral absorption (1)
- Soy and the Thyroid
- What is BPA-free exactly?
- Building Bones Without Dairy
- Turkey Tails Mushroom in Prostate Cancer
- Another study a bit off the mark
- Yikes – Hold the Cilantro
- Calcium confusion
- MSG can make you fat
- Meat Glue
Category Archives: Yikes
Fish can be one of the healthiest foods in our diet providing long-chained essential fatty acids (e.g. DHA, EPA), vitamin D, iodine, important minerals, and more. Unfortunately, seafood is also a source of persistent toxins so we must choose our … Continue reading
EWG.org just released a list of manufacturers who continue to use BPA (bisphenol A) in their products along with a list of the “Best Players” who no longer do. However, there is a big problem lurking with those on their … Continue reading
Those on the TQI Diet make a point of avoiding all trans fats, as do most people concerned with their health. Emphasis on all, because even trace amounts of trans fats are bad for our health. As a result, it … Continue reading
I would wager that most who are trying to avoid genetically modified foods prefer to eat foods that have long been part of the human diet. They tend to prefer locally grown, heirloom varieties, if available. I would wager that … Continue reading
Right now a blog about a study linking the active ingredient in Roundup (glyphosate) and illness is circulating widely on the internet. (http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/real-reason-for-toxic-wheat-its-not-gluten/”). It is great that this information is spreading. However, I think the author of the blog presents … Continue reading
Phthalates are a group of chemicals used both to soften plastics and to hold scents and solvents in a variety of products. Many have been shown to disrupt our hormones. They alter testosterone production in men, cause early onset menopause … Continue reading