- No More Red Snapper?
- It’s getting worse, not better . . .
- Cholesterol Levels Running High?
- Beware of Flavors
- Shrimp – the good and the bad
- Choosing The Right Olive Oil
- Villains among EWG’s BPA-free “Best Players”
- PCC labels any high oleic oils in use
- Is It Really About the Wheat or the Gluten?
- Available at your local Co-op: Organic, non-GMO verified Gene-Silenced Food!
- Snopes on Wheat & Glyphosate Toxicity
- Sugar is as toxic as wheat — it is not about the gluten
- The Benefits of Bitters
- Intermittent Fasting in a Healthy Way
- Go ahead, cook with your good olive oil!
- Extra Virgin Olive or High Oleic Oil?
- Sometimes More Is Better
- Is Almond Flour Trouble?
- Don’t Let Familiarity Build Contempt
- Plasticizers are in our medicines and our supplements
- Reasons to Give Up Stevia
- Building Strong Bones
- Don’t Eat That!!!!
- Why I Avoid Canola and Think You Should As Well.
- Speaking Out Against High Oleic OIls
- Getting vitamin B without eating grains
- There is fat and there is fat. . .
- Is Soy Really A Ploy?
- Feel Free to Enjoy Your Cup of Coffee.
- Are We Becoming Fire Resistant?
- Nuts Are Good
- Forget Fasts and Detoxes
- Fish, measuring the good and the bad
- Fish trumps fish oil, fins down
- Choosing a Cooking Oil
- Another Reason to Avoid Juices
- Soy, friend or foe in breast cancer?
- Strong Bones Without Dairy??
- Whole Foods vs. Supplements
- Potential Soy Toxins Continued…
- Soy and mineral absorption (1)
- Soy and the Thyroid
- What is BPA-free exactly?
- Building Bones Without Dairy
- Turkey Tails Mushroom in Prostate Cancer
- Another study a bit off the mark
- Yikes – Hold the Cilantro
- Calcium confusion
- MSG can make you fat
- Meat Glue
Tag Archives: vitamin d
Some people are reluctant to take statins even though their cholesterol is running high. This article discusses ways to reduce the risk of high cholesterol but is not a comment on the wisdom of taking or not taking statins. Cholesterol … Continue reading
Most of us believe that if we get enough calcium and vitamin D we will maintain healthy bones as we age. In this country, a woman over 50 or a man over 70 is told to get at least 1200 … Continue reading
Seafood is a source of long-chained omega-3 fats that our bodies need. Seafood is also a good source of iodine and vitamin D. Yet despite these important nutrients, we are advised to limit how much fish we eat. Most of … Continue reading
At present, I am seeing a growing trend toward anti-veganism. I’ve heard reasonably well-educated practitioners declare that a diet without animal products cannot be healthy. Without relying on human research, they proclaim that a vegan diet is only suitable for … Continue reading